Gift Aid

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid is an income tax relief designed to benefit charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC).

If you’re a UK taxpayer, Gift Aid increases the value of your charity donations by 25% because the charity can reclaim the basic rate of tax on your gift at no extra cost to you.

Gift Aid gives you an extra 25p for every £1 you donate.  

Donors who make a donation via the ‘In Memory' Page on our website can apply Gift Aid to their donation. 

Alternatively, if you wish to pay by cash or cheque (made payable to the Charity or Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC) you can either collect a Gift Aid Form from any of our funeral offices or download the form from here -

01. Charity Gift Aid Declaration - Single Donation.pdf

02. CASC-GAD - Single Donation.pdf

So that the Charity or Community Amateur Sports Cloub (CASC) can claim the Gift Aid, you must provide your title, full name, address and postcode with your charity donation.

It is very simple, all you need to do is click the Gift Aid box when making your on-line donation.  

Am I eligible for Gift Aid?

For a charity to claim Gift Aid on your donation you must first have paid UK Income or Capital Gains Tax that financial year.

The tax you pay must be equivalent to the amount of Gift Aid the charity will reclaim on your donation that tax year, (and will be claimed by other charities and CASCs). VAT and Council Tax do not meet this criteria.

From April 2016, the income tax personal allowance has increased to £11,000 for individuals born after 5 April 1948.

If your income is below £11,000, you will no longer be able to claim Gift Aid on eligible donations.

It’s worth noting, you can’t make donations on behalf of someone else or a company.  

To find out more about Gift Aid please visit HMRC -

What if I pay higher rate tax?

If you’re a higher rate taxpayer, you can claim additional tax benefits for the donations you make to charity, which you can keep or pass on to a charitable organisation. 

Simply indicate how much you’ve donated when completing your tax self-assessment form.

To find out more about Gift Aid please visit HMRC -